Fallen hero

by


Terrible news hit the other day, and if you have been living in a little hole then you probably have heard that Mike Hall died racing in the first addition of the Indian Pacific wheel race.

I am going to keep this short and sweet but it is heart-breaking news. I think most people are still stunned that it has happened. I met Mike at his event Valleycat in October. He had a very humble and modest energy about him. If you had no knowledge of long distance cycling you would think that he was just an average man. However, he is probably the strongest long distance racer of all time. You could tell that he really loved what he was doing and what he created. He has pioneered a movement and engineered a niche within a niche sport, which is expanding at a rapid rate.

The TCR is the brainchild of Mike. He put everything into this race. His spirt will never die and will forever be embodied within it. I have become intoxicated by his spirt and quest to push the boundaries of adventure and self discovery in this rapidly shrinking caged world.

Thank you Mike, you have really influenced me in the best way and you make me happy with everything that you have accomplished. I like to think that I am the next generation of this sport and will fly your flag high.


Ride in peace Mike


"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

- Chuck Palahniuk